IPIECA's Climate Change Working Group have just released the summary report from their 2011 workshop, "Greenhouse gas emissions reporting: Perspectives on voluntary and regulatory regimes". The report is aimed at everyone who has an interest in greenhouse gas reporting, and the requirements it places on companies.
The publication highlights:
- the reason for growing demands for companies to report their greenhouse gas emissions;
- developments in voluntary reporting standards and regulatory requirements;
- industry concerns over the burgeoning reporting frameworks;
- the uncertainty and lack of comparability being brought about by competing frameworks; and
- some of the emerging changes in practice