IPIECA will be participating in a number of events at the upcoming World Petroleum Congress taking place from 15-19 June in Moscow, Russia. Executive Director, Brian Sullivan will be speaking in a round table on climate change alongside Christiana Figueres, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and Rachel Kyte, World Bank. The session will be chaired by Hege Norheim, Senior Vice president, Corporate Climate, Equinor on Wednesday 18 June at 12:00.
There will be a reception taking place to celebrate IPIECA’s 40th anniversary in the Social Responsibility Global Village with speakers including Randy Gossen, former IPIECA Chair and WPC President and now Bashneft board member, also taking place on Wednesday 18 June at 16:00 in the Youth forum auditorium.
IPIECA’s full list of activities is:
Tuesday 17 June:
- Poster presentation on the role of responsible security operations in business success and community livelihoods by Roper Cleland, Senior Manager, Social Responsibility – Poster plaza 13:00
Wednesday 18 June:
- Reporting workshop – Youth forum auditorium - 10:00
- High level round table on climate change – 12:00
- Human rights workshop – Youth forum auditorium - 15:00
- Reception to celebrate IPIECA’s 40th anniversary – speakers will include Randy Gossen, Bashneft board member and Brian Sullivan – Youth forum auditorium – 16:00
- Special session on Emergency preparedness and industry cooperation, Peter Taylor (OSPRI Coordinator) presenting on the IPIECA-IMO Global Initiative – 16:00
Thursday 19 June:
- Special session on best practices in remediation initiatives, chaired by Anja Sinke, Remediation Management, BP and member of the IPIECA Remediation Task Force – 12:00
Come and visit us at the IPIECA Stand in the Social Responsibility Global Village.