Reports to: Climate Change Senior Manager
Location: IPIECA London office, 14th Floor City Tower, 40 Basinghall Street, London EC2V 5DE
IPIECA is the global oil and gas industry association for environmental and social issues. We develop, share and promote good practices and knowledge to help the industry improve its environmental and social performance. Founded in 1974 following the establishment of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), IPIECA also provides a principal channel of communication for industry to the United Nations. Whilst we communicate industry views we are a non-lobbying organisation.
Through its member led working groups and executive leadership, IPIECA brings together the collective expertise of oil and gas companies and associations. Its unique position within the industry enables its members to respond effectively to key environmental and social issues including: oil spill response; global climate change; fuels and products; health; biodiversity; social responsibility; human rights; water and sustainability reporting.
IPIECA Members are drawn from private and state-owned companies as well as national, regional and international associations.
Job description and Responsibilities
The role of climate change working group manager will involve a wide range of tasks across all areas of IPIECA’s engagement on the science, policy and industry response on climate change. Our work currently includes: international science, policy and technologies; monitoring and engaging with UN processes (inc. Framework Convention on Climate Change); the latest developments in methane science and management; greenhouse gas and climate reporting; the role of oil and gas in a low-emissions future. IPIECA’s outputs revolve around workshops; reports; good practice guides; and increasingly communications and stakeholder engagement.
The primary responsibilities of the role will be to provide project management in support of the work of the Climate Change Working Group, along with other duties to help the Senior Climate Change Manager in the delivery of IPIECA’s Climate Change strategy and business plans.
IPIECA’s values are: Enthusiasm, Professionalism, Performance Oriented, Empowered & Proactive, Collaboration.
- Supporting the organisation and administration of member meetings, external workshops, and teleconferences, including handling logistics, preparatory work and taking minutes
- Coordinating the development of guidance, reports and publications
- Developing materials and communications (e.g. presentations, agendas)
- Engaging with members and stakeholders and representing IPIECA externally at meetings and conferences, including presentations
- Ensuring external communication channels are kept up to date, including the website and social media, working closely with the IPIECA Communications Team
- Networking, engaging and coordinating IPIECA presence in external initiatives
- Monitoring climate-related activities and developments and keeping members and Secretariat informed
- Work on other IPIECA areas as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject
- Interest and understanding of climate change issues for the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, with great attention to detail
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to organise own work load and prioritise multiple tasks in a busy work environment
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in an intercultural environment
- Postgraduate degree in related subject
- Technical expertise relating to climate change and/or the oil and gas industry
- Previous project management experience, preferably managing the work of a trade association or diverse group of members
About the role
Salary: £30,000 per annum depending on experience
The role requires some international travel.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Please send CV and 1-page (max) covering letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: June 22nd
Interviews: 1st interview – w/c July 4, 2nd interview – w/c July 11
- 09 June 2016