IPIECA is searching for a Communications Manager.
The Communications Manager responsibilities will be to work with the Programme and Communications Director to support the implementation of the IPIECA communications strategy and plan.
Specific activities will include:
- Develop and edit content for IPIECA communications
- Publications (Annual Review, good practice guidance and others)
- News stories, articles, web-content and social media
- Development, publication and distribution of IPIECA e-newsletter
- Instil corporate and thematic messages across communications materials
- Facilitate integrated planning of IPIECA communications activities:
- Manage communications calendar for forward planning and co-ordinate activities
- Support Project Managers to ensure effective and timely communications activities on publications, events and other activities
- Support development and implementation of stakeholder engagement plans
- Manage IPIECA’s engagement in key global conferences
- Develop and implement new communications tools and guides
- Support use of the Communications Planning Tool
- Develop and implement media relations strategy
- Draft and secure approval of press releases when necessary
- Including traditional media and social media (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Develop relationships with and provide interface to industry technical press
- Manage member engagement and enhance internal communications within oil and gas company members including in-house magazines/intranet, and IPIECA online Communications Toolkit
- Work with the Communications and Website Coordinator to support the website redevelopment
- Devise ways to measure IPIECA’s communication impacts
- Other activities and ad-hoc tasks that may be defined by the Communications Director
- IPIECA Secretariat: play an active role in the Secretariat and ensure implementation of the communications plan
- IPIECA members: build relationships with member companies to enhance IPIECA’s visibility within members
- Communications Task Force: maintain a network of key communications contacts with member companies and associations
- Industry press: establish working relationships with key media outlets
Candidate specifications and experience
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter and a willing team player. The incumbent should be able to work on their own initiative, possess strong organizational skills and have the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously. Self-motivation, creativity, and the ability to cope well under pressure are important.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant areas.
- Experience (three to five years) in a communications role.
- First-class writing and verbal communication skills, including in connection with the development and delivery of technical and scientific material.
- Knowledge of corporate digital channels, including social media.
- Advanced IT skills
- Must have the right to work in the UK and indicate their work status on their covering letter.
- Knowledge of sustainable development issues.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas/extractive industries would be an asset, although not essential.
- Experience in event planning and delivery.
- Knowledge of project management.
How to apply: For further information and to apply: please email your CV along with a covering letter, highlighting why you would be suitable for the role, to Simone Awramenko at Acre Recruitment – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 August 2014