Join us for a webinar on Wednesday 14 October to learn about the Marine Geospatial Bibliography (MGB) and some of the key upgrades that have been made to the tool in 2015.
The MGB is a free knowledge sharing platform that centralises reports, papers and environmental research relevant to oil and gas activities in marine environments. Containing over 10,000 resources, the MGB makes such information easy to find, search and summarise, and each resource is geospatially referenced.
Drawing on feedback received from IPIECA members since the MGB’s initial 2013 launch, and working with Island GIS, IPIECA has upgraded the MGB for 2015 to include the following key improvements:
- Technical updates, including integration of Google Maps and Maps Engine
- Sharpened design and navigation functions
- Increased accuracy of document locations
- Easier content uploading for registered users
These enhancements will allow the MGB to continue to expand as further research and resources become available.
This 45 minute webinar will provide:
- An introduction to IPIECA and the MGB
- An overview of the MGB’s functionality, including enhancements made in 2015
- A case study from IPIECA member company Repsol on how they have made use of and contributed to the tool
- An opportunity for Q&A
The webinar will take place at both 9am (BST) and 3pm (BST) on Wednesday 14th October, to facilitate global participation. The content will be the same in both webinars, so you only need to sign up for one. To attend, please register at the following links.
Instructions for registration
- Click on the webinar link.
- Enter your information and then click "Submit".
- It is recommended to register now to avoid any technical difficulty on the day of the event.
In the meantime, please feel free to visit the MGB website and to share this invitation with your colleagues and networks.