Convened by the Energy Institute's sector experts, International Energy Week 2022 will be the energy industry's first global meeting to assess the outcomes of COP26 alongside the continuing recovery of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This conference builds on the renowned legacies and strengths of the world-renowned IP Week, bringing together senior figures from across oil, gas, and the wider world of energy, to explore the changing technologies, business models, and skills required to meet the energy needs of the world's populations and to hit global net zero emissions by 2050.
With over two days of virtual engagement and one day of face-to-face conferences, International Energy Week is essential for those leading on corporate strategy, business development, and technological innovation - anyone seeking to retain a competitive edge as the global energy transition accelerates.
Ipieca is a supporting partner of International Energy Week 2022. Artemis Kostareli, Ipieca Senior Manager, Environment, will be participating in a discussion on the relationship between biodiversity, nature-positive and climate change impacts. Details for this session are as follows:
The role of biodiversity and nature-based solutions to mitigate the effects of climate change | 23 February, 14:15-15:15 GMT
Topics to be explored include:
- Climate change and its effects on biodiversity, ecosystems and natural resource management
- Why is biodiversity important?
- What are nature-based solutions?
- How can negative emissions slow down climate change
- Enhancing oil recovery with carbon dioxide geo sequestration and its associated challenges
Other speakers presenting at the conference include:
- The Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Secretary of State, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- The Rt Hon Patricia Scotland QC, Secretary General, Commonwealth
- Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, Under Secretary-General, United Nations and Executive Secretary, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
- Chris Mahaffey, Vice President of Strategy, Petrocare
- Adriana Karaboutis, Chief Information and Digital Officer, National Grid
- Rhea Hamilton, Managing Director, BeyondNetZero
- Martin O'Neill, Vice President, Strategy, GE Gas Power
- Dawn Summers, COO, Wintershall Dea
- Mele Kolo Kyari FEI, Group Managing Director/CEO, NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation)
Further topics to be explored include:
- Bridging the energy divide: transforming to a low carbon energy system
- The future of work
- Accelerating the energy transition through innovation
For more information and to book your place, please visit ieweek.co.uk.
International Energy Week Dinner
Network with the biggest names in the energy industry at the International Energy Week Dinner, one of the largest social gatherings in the energy industry calendar. Every year, this sell-out event attracts high-profile guests from all over the world.