In June 2020, the COP26 High Level Climate Champions launched the 'Race to Zero', followed months later by the launch of its sibling campaign, the 'Race to Resilience'. These two global campaigns are mobilising businesses, investors, cities, and civil society to take immediate action to achieve net zero emissions no later than 2050 (Race to Zero) and strengthen the resilience of 4 billion people in vulnerable communities by 2030 (Race to Resilience).
This UN Global Compact Network UK event, during London Climate Action Week, will explore the climate mitigation and resilience agendas and the interlinkages between them. Government representatives, experts, and business leaders will discuss their vision of a net zero, climate resilient world, and the actions they are taking to get there.
The high-level panel features an impressive speaker line up, including:
- Márcia Balisciano, Global Head of Corporate Responsibility, RELX, and Chair of the UN Global Compact Network UK;
- Thomas Lingard, Global Sustainability Director - Climate & Environment, Unilever;
- Mike Thompson, Chief Economist, Committee on Climate Change;
- The Rt Hon Anne-Marie Trevelyan MP, Minister of State (Minister for Energy, Clean Growth and Climate Change), Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; and
- Emma Watson, Senior Manager, Net-Zero at CDP and The Science Based Targets initiative.