Ipieca is pleased to welcome Howard J. Herzog, Senior Research Engineer in the MIT Energy Initiative, as the key presenter in our next webinar in the series on carbon capture utilization and storage (CCUS).
Howard will present his perspectives on CCS gathered through his career, during which he will:
- discuss the role of CCS in addressing the climate change challenge;
- provide a summary of large CCS projects in operation;
- talk about how to view negative emissions;
- report on the policies and politics around CCS; and
- review the current status and future directions for capture and storage technology.
Howard is a Senior Research Engineer in the MIT Energy Initiative. He was a Coordinating Lead Author for the IPCC Special Report on Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage and has served as a US delegate to the Carbon Sequestration Leadership Forum's Technical Group. He was awarded the 2010 Greenman Award by the IEAGHG 'in recognition of contributions made to the development of greenhouse gas control technologies'. In 2018, he authored a book entitled Carbon Capture for the MIT Press Essential Knowledge Series. He is currently Executive Director of MITEI's Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage Low-Carbon Energy Center.
For any queries regarding the webinar, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to attend the webinar, but would like to receive the recording, register as usual and the link will be sent directly to your inbox.