We welcome any qualifying organizations that share this vision and support the Ipieca Principles to join us.
We have three categories of membership:
- Corporate members:
international and national oil and gas companies of any size, with operations in exploration, production, transportation or refining. Some of these companies have diversified into the production of renewable and low-carbon energy sources and mobility solutions.
- Association members:
international, regional and national associations covering environmental or social aspects of exploration, production or refining.
- Associate members:
companies which provide services in connection with exploration, production, treatment, storage or transportation of oil and gas. These companies are increasingly providing services and solutions to renewable energy operators and developers.
If you would like to find out more about joining Ipieca, please contact Avella Daley, [email protected]
Conditions of Ipieca membership
Under the conditions of Ipieca membership, corporate and associate members of Ipieca agree to:
- Support the Ipieca Principles
- Support the Ipieca vision to improve performance and contribute to the energy transition in the context of sustainable development.
- Support the objectives and work plan of Ipieca as approved by the General Committee. This includes but is not limited to, engaging in at least two groups.
- Respect and value Ipieca’s non-lobby status.
- Comply with the Articles of Association of Ipieca.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations, including on anti-trust, competition and sanctions, related to Ipieca’s activities and members participation.
Benefits of membership
Companies benefit from Ipieca membership through:
- Exclusive insight and engagement opportunities with senior UN representatives
- The opportunity to work with world leading experts from member companies and stakeholders on the biggest sustainability challenges facing the planet
- Contributing to the development of internationally recognized good practice used throughout the oil, gas and renewable industries
- A network of over 1,000 climate, environmental, social performance and sustainability professionals from across the industry value chain
- Access to peer expertise and the latest thinking on climate, ESG and sustainability issues
- Joining a leadership group of companies contributing to low-emissions pathways and a net-zero future
Download the brochure to learn more.