The results provide an overview of current practices, identify widely used performance indicators and emerging trends, allow companies to learn from their peers, and improve industry communication around sustainability issues. The results also cover a range of cross-cutting topics for Ipieca and its members, including just transition, supply chain and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Ipieca's annual survey identifies trends in the sustainability reporting practices of Ipieca member companies.
Top five materiality topics:
- Climate change and energy
- GHG emissions
- Occupational health and safety
- Process safety and asset integrity
- Technology for climate mitigation
Top five ESG topics that the members anticipate will hold the highest significance over the next 3-5 years:
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions
- Nature-related dependencies, risks, impacts and opportunities (biodiversity, TNFD)
- Human rights (communities, own workforce, supply chain)
- Water consumption