The OGP-IPIECA Health Committee has launched the development of a Contractor ‘Oil and Gas Alcohol and Drug Program’ Guideline in collaboration with the Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA).
This guideline will respond to the challenges contractors (and service providers) face in complying with multiple different operator requirements in the oil and gas industry, and will help them to simplify their programmes and efficiently achieve contract compliance.
The scope of the guideline includes:
- Drug testing panel with cut-off levels for each drug, along with frequency, type, and testing matrices
- Alcohol testing frequency, type, testing matrices, and cut-offs
- Definition of safety sensitive
- Definition of covered employees and locations
- Collector/Collection credentials/process
- Medication disclosure/Fitness for duty for safety sensitive workers
- Medical review of test results
- Laboratory qualifications
- Reporting, record keeping, and non-compliance requirements
- Supervisor and employee training requirements
If you are interested in contributing to the development of this guideline, please contact Laura Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 03 September 2014