Title: Communications Coordinator, reporting to Deputy Executive Director
Ipieca is the global oil and gas association dedicated to advancing environmental and social performance across the energy transition. It brings together members and stakeholders to lead in integrating sustainability by advancing climate action, environmental responsibility and social performance across oil, gas and renewables activities.
Ipieca was founded at the request of the United Nations Environment Programme in 1974. Through its non-lobby and collaborative approach Ipieca remains the industry's principal channel of engagement with the UN.
This is an entry level role in which the incumbent provides support to Ipieca's communications. The Communications Coordinator's responsibilities will be to work with Communications team to support the implementation of the Ipieca communications plan. This includes:
- Coordinating key comms projects and channels including: Members Area, internal Ipieca SharePoint, external website, Annual Review, social media accounts, MailChimp and SurveyMonkey.
- Working with external consultants and support agencies.
- Ensuring regular statistical reports are produced across key Ipieca comms channels.
- Supporting the activities of the Communications Working Group including teleconferences and meetings. This will involve providing updates and presenting key comms statistics.
- Developing internal and external communication materials such as Ipieca e-news and Ipieca corporate materials. This may include writing, editing, proof-reading and/or designing.
- Ensuring continuous improvement, update and optimization of the Ipieca external-facing website.
- Supporting the implementation of Ipieca's communication strategy and ensuring effective dissemination of Ipieca materials (e-news, social media channels, webinars etc.).
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related subject.
- Master's degree in communications or related subject.
- Interest and understanding of sustainability issues for the energy industry.
- Good writing and editing skills and experience writing news items, briefings or reports.
- Project management experience.
- A strong team player who is self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Inter-cultural understanding: ability to build collaborative and mutually beneficial working relationships with members and stakeholders.
- Experience using: Office suite e.g. SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint; Adobe programmes e.g. Photoshop, InDesign; MailChimp and content management systems.
About the role
- Agile and remote working available
- The role may require some international travel.
- Full benefits package
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 17 January 2023.