Title: Project Support Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Manager - Environment
Location: IPIECA London office, 209-215 Blackfriars Road, SE1 8NL
IPIECA is the global oil and gas industry association for environmental and social issues. It develops shares and promotes good practices and knowledge to help the industry improve its environmental and social performance. Founded in 1974 following the establishment of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), IPIECA provides a principal channel of communication for industry to the United Nations.
Through its member led working groups and executive leadership, IPIECA brings together the collective expertise of oil and gas companies and associations. Its unique position within the industry enables its members to respond effectively to key environmental and social issues including: oil spill response; global climate change; fuels and products; health; biodiversity; social responsibility; human rights; water and sustainability reporting.
IPIECA Members are drawn from private and state-owned companies as well as national, regional and international associations.
This is an entry level role in IPIECA in which the incumbent provides support primarily to the environmentally focused Working Groups (Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services (BES) and Water) as well as other IPIECA Working Groups where appropriate. This role will involve a wide range of tasks covering the spectrum of issues associated with the integration of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Service management and effective water management into oil and gas operations.
The primary responsibilities of the Project Support Coordinator will be to provide project support and administration helping the Senior Manager in the delivery of BES and Water business plan and smooth running of the working groups as well as carrying out other ad hoc tasks as they arise.
Key activities will include:
- Supporting the organisation and administration of teleconferences, meetings and external workshops, including handling logistics, preparatory work and taking minutes.
- Keeping the website up-to-date and supporting the development of external communication materials.
- Keeping members informed of environmentally focused activities and developments.
- Coordinating of the development of guidance, reports and publications.
- Monitoring and coordinating IPIECA presence at external initiatives; providing briefings on industry trends through attending meetings and research support.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in an environmentally focused subject preferred.
- Interest and understanding of environmental issues for the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to organise own work load and prioritise multiple tasks in a busy work environment.
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in an intercultural environment.
How to apply:
Please send CV and covering letter to Anna.Taylor@ipieca.org Deadline for application: 31 July 2014
Please note: All candidates must have the right to work in the UK and indicate their work status on their covering letter.
- 07 July 2014