IPIECA attended the Asia Pacific Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Responsibility Conference organized by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) in Kuala Lumpur from 4-6 April, 2017.
IPIECA took the opportunity to present on two recent areas of work:
- Social performance indicators in oil and gas industry sustainability reporting
- Community grievance mechanisms (CGMs)
The sustainability reporting presentation focused on key recent updates to IPIECA’s 2015 Oil and gas industry guidance on voluntary sustainability reporting, with particular attention on social performance indicators. The CGMs presentation outlined the importance of CGMs for providing access to remedy and maintaining positive relationships between businesses and communities, and explained IPIECA’s recent in-depth research project and resulting guidance on CGMs. The presentations are part of IPIECA’s continuing external engagement to promote awareness, understanding and uptake of our guidance materials.
The guidance materials can be downloaded below, alongside the slides presented at the SPE conference.
- Oil and gas industry guidance on voluntary sustainability reporting (3rd edition)
- Community grievance mechanisms in the oil and gas industry. A manual for implementing operational-level grievance mechanisms and designing corporate frameworks
- Social performance indicators in the update of the oil and gas industry guidance on sustainability reporting
- Lessons learned from oil and gas industry project on community grievance mechanisms