As a non-lobby organization with UNFCCC observer status, an Ipieca delegation has been present at COP27 to listen to the negotiations. We have also used our time on site at Sharm el-Sheikh to host, participate in, and listen to a number of events, workshops and meetings; exploring collaborative pathways to deliver a sustainable energy transition which leaves no one behind.
Ipieca has organized three side events:
- Official side event with US Chamber, the World Steel Association and USCIB - Adaptation, resilience and just transition: business engagement to deliver the Paris Agreement
- Ipieca-led side event - Enablers of a net-zero emissions future in the Global South
- Ipieca-OGCI side event - Measuring up to the methane challenge
And participated as panellists in:
- Colombian government event on The role of NOCs in the energy transition and decarbonization pathways
- The B Team workshop on Unlocking policy solutions for the just transition
- World Benchmarking Alliance event on What does accountability for financial institutions on providing the needed Climate finance look like?
Additionally, we have engaged in constructive conversations with various cross-sector stakeholders to discuss how Ipieca can work with the oil, gas and alternative energy industry to support a just transition in the context of sustainable development.
Once the COP27 negotiations conclude and the outcome texts are finalised, Ipieca will share these with our members and ensure that the outcomes are captured in our workstreams, in alignment with the Ipieca Principle to support the Paris Agreement and its aims.