The oil, gas and alternative energy industry has a key role to play by contributing to international, national, and local conservation targets and working with stakeholders and partners to develop solutions, including implementing biodiversity no net loss, net gain, and net positive impact for their operations.
Biodiversity action plans (BAPs) are a systematic approach to biodiversity management that can help companies contribute to nature positive aims. In 2023, Ipieca-IOGP launched updated guidance on developing biodiversity action plans for the oil, gas and alternative energy sector. This guidance provides the general process steps recommended for preparing and implementing a BAP across oil, gas and alternative energy activities.
During this Ipieca-IOGP webinar, members share their companies’ experiences in developing and utilising BAPs. The case studies cover different ways in which companies have approached the various steps of developing BAPs, reflecting a range of environmental, social, and operational settings and project types.
- Willie Staudt, Director Water and Biodiversity, ConocoPhillips
- Gustavo Estrada, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Manager, Eni
- Ram Narayan, Environmental Advisor, ExxonMobil
- Jane Mauro, Biodiversity Advisor, Petrobras
- Pauline Macronald, Environment and Biodiversity Manager, TotalEnergies