Ipieca has developed a series of practical guidance and tools with three aims:
- To help practitioners more effectively identify, prevent and mitigate labour rights risks and impacts within projects, operations and supply chains
- Inform stakeholders of the industry's collective commitment and efforts to respect labour rights
- Help anticipate emerging trends and challenges
This document provides guidance on the design and implementation of an on-site labour rights assessment, outlining approaches for conducting an on-site audit and assessment of contractors following contract commencement. It also provides examples from oil and gas companies and other industries. This guidance is accompanied by two tools:
- Key steps for carrying out an on-site labour rights assessment: a quick reference tool based on the comprehensive Labour rights assessment guidance document and Labour rights assessment toolkit.
- Labour rights assessment toolkit: a detailed set of tools for comprehensive on-site labour rights assessments (Microsoft™ Excel® spreadsheet format).