Key updates to the second edition include:
- the overview of the upstream oil and gas industry section reflects advancements in technology throughout the exploration and production lifecycle;
- environmental management approaches outlined incorporate the latest international good practice for environmental management;
- a guide to identification and mitigation of environmental impacts processes, using the latest scientific knowledge regarding environmental impacts and best practice mitigation measures; and
- discussion of environmental management regulatory frameworks in the upstream oil and gas industry.
Who is it for?
As an introductory document to the fundamentals of upstream environmental management, this report will benefit:
- oil and gas industry managers and practitioners;
- environmental consultants;
- regulatory agencies;
- financing institutions;
- non-governmental organizations; and
- intergovernmental organizations.
Ipieca and IOGP gratefully acknowledge the input and feedback from the UN Environment Programme in the preparation of this report.