The Ipieca-IOGP Health Committee has established health performance indicators (HPIs) and a scoring system for organizations to measure the maturity and coverage of key elements of health management system. This document is used as the basis of Ipieca-IOGP member company voluntary annual HPI reporting.
The 2007 guidance on the application of the HPIs, has now been updated to:
- Better reflect the increasing recognition of the importance of mental health in the workplace
- Respond to rising numbers of emerging infectious illnesses
- Continue to help improve future health performance through preventive actions
- Include fatigue and well-being
- Separate fitness for task and health surveillance into two elements
In addition, to effectively support the use of the updated HPIs, the scoring options have been expanded to allow companies to more easily demonstrate ongoing, incremental improvements.