The IOGP-Ipieca Health Committee has established health performance indicators (HPIs) and a scoring system for organizations to measure the maturity and coverage of key elements of health management system.
The 2008 guidance on the application of the HPIs has been updated to:
- Better reflect the increasing recognition of the importance of mental health in the workplace
- Respond to rising numbers of emerging infectious illnesses
- Continue to help improve future health performance through preventive actions
- Include fatigue and well-being
- Separate fitness for task and health surveillance into two elements
In addition, to effectively support the use of the updated HPIs, the scoring options have been expanded to allow companies to more easily demonstrate ongoing, incremental improvements.
The Health performance indicators guidanceis used as the basis of IOGP-Ipieca member company voluntary annual HPI reporting.