The brief highlights that of the multiple science-based pathways to net-zero, those that also achieve the ambitions of UN Sustainable Development Goals, such as prosperity and energy access for all, require all energy sources, including oil and gas, for the foreseeable future.
Ipieca draws on analysis from a range of sources, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which sets out a number of science-based potential pathways to achieving net-zero emissions.
The briefing covers:
- The Paris Agreement and society's journey to net zero
- Regional differences and a just transition
- Access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy for all
- Net-zero emissions and the oil and gas sector
- Partnerships and collaborations
- The role of Ipieca in the journey to net-zero emissions