30-31 May 2018, Cape Town, South Africa
Register interest by 31 January 2018
Ipieca, in collaboration with IOGP and the UN Environment World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UN Environment WCMC), will be holding the fourth peer-to-peer training workshop on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (BES) management in the oil and gas industry. The workshop will be jointly hosted by Eni and SAPIA in May 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa. The training is aimed at, and delivered by, oil and gas professionals, and has been designed to be highly interactive to facilitate learning.
The objectives of the workshop are to:
- Provide a broad introduction to BES principles and fundamental training in the management of BES issues across the life-cycle of oil and gas operations, including screening, scoping, baseline assessment, impact assessment, management and mitigation, monitoring and reporting.
- Increase awareness and uptake of the latest approaches, good practices and tools in the BES arena – in particular Ipieca, IOGP and UN Environment WCMC products, leading to improved performance of the sector in the management of BES issues.
- Provide an opportunity to share practical examples from peers and learn from on-the-ground experience.
Cape Town workshop details:
- Date: 30-31 May 2018.
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa (hosted by Eni and SAPIA).
- Attendance: Registration is open to all oil and gas producing companies.
- Target audience: HSE professionals, managers, practitioners (both at corporate and business unit level) and relevant field staff who deal with environmental/BES issues and their integration into business practices, processes and operations.
To understand levels of interest for the workshop, we ask you to please register your interest via the link above by 31 January 2018, following which we will begin confirming workshop places. Please circulate to all the relevant members of your company.
For further information and links to workshop resources, visit the workshop webpage.
- 15 December 2017